Monday, November 3, 2008

fall in Maryland

I'm going to be at home all day today, so I will have time to put some photos up on this blog. Because I take my photos at a high resolution, it takes a looong time to upload them and keeps my phone lines tied up. (Yes, I know I should get DSL or whatever, but I just hate to pay the extra money for it when I can usually manage with dial-up.) Actually, I don't mind having my phone tied up. Most of the daytime calls I get are people wanting me to give them money! Anyway, if this works, there will be below some photos taken around my neighborhood and on the trail by the river where I walked yesterday. Wish me luck!

Yes, success at last!
.---- ----
The view from my deck. -------- Close up of first view. ------Trees in neighborhood.


--- ---
My front steps. -----------Looking down my street. ---------- We do get some red in the trees.


---- ------
The path we walk. ------------------Trees reflected in the river.
/
/
The river thru the trees
/
/
Well, I guess you could say that I was successful. Still having problems. I can't get the text to wrap around the photos, so there is this big blank space up there. Also, the photos seem to move closer together, when my back is turned! No kidding. This has happened several times. So, for some of them, I used dashes as spacers. The others I'm going to leave as is and see if they move again. Yep, they shifted when the draft was posted. I put the spacers back in. Hope this works
/
/
In my waiting time, while I was uploading these photos, I stripped my bed, did three loads of laundry, including putting the clean laundry away, started some homemade chicken soup, finished reading the paper, clipped coupons from three booklets, and switched the contents of my waist purse from the old bag to a new one. Let's just say, it took quite a while. And that's all for today.















1 comment:

mumzy said...

Wow, the leaves still look beautiful in your area. Here, in New Brunswick, they are all gone to the lawn. Yesterday, DH and I spent all day raking these darn leaves and we are not finished yet. I do enjoy these trees in the Spring and Summer but after they turn colour and fall off, it is not so enjoyable.

Have a good day!