Monday, November 2, 2009

ceramics







Photos of my pieces from the Raku firing. I particularly like the mask with the horns. He's a really cool beast. The vase came out looking good too. It's a piece that where I carved the design after it was 'leather hard'. I was working on that piece when the photographer for the local paper took my picture a few weeks ago. I wanted it to look primitive and old. I think it was successful. The green mask is a Green Man - one of those mythical forest creatures. If you click on the photos to enlarge it, you can perhaps see that his hair and beard are made of leaves.

2 comments:

Deb D said...

Your masks came out so well - I like them all -for favorite, I like the horned beast and then the blue man. I am waiting to open my kiln - have some experiments going on - always exciting to see the results. Thanks.

mumzy said...

You are a talented lady. I too like the mask with the horns.