Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Lots of trick or treaters came by last night, despite a soft drizzlying rain. The adults had umbrellas, I noticed. Many costumes, especially those of the little kids, were the homemade kind. I love it when kids and parents get creative. I ran out of candy around 8 PM. There are many, many kids in our town house development, so Halloween is a big deal here. This year, I noticed more older kids than usual. I think it's just a natural progression. Many have lived here for years and despite now being in high school, will dress up and come out. This year, I didn't see any who weren't in costume.

I spent most of the day at the craft center, doing Raku firing and eating! Whenever we do a firing, we have an all-day pot luck. I ate lunch and dinner there. One of the gals cooked spare ribs and steak - yum! I took deviled eggs that everybody seemed to like. None left to bring back home. I have four masks and a pot/vase that fired successfully. No photos to post yet. Next blog will have them.

2 comments:

mumzy said...

Kathy, I wish I lived closer to you as your all-day potluck sounded wonderful to me. I would just have to join your group. LOL

Halloween being on Saturday night, I believe brought out the older kids. However, as predicted, here we never had one trick or treater. We did play our usual card games though.

Pat said...

I'm glad to hear the older kids got dressed for Halloween...I used to find it irritating when they'd not wear a costume (where we used to live) and just showed up with a big pillowcase to get candy...and barely even said "thank-you".