Tuesday, November 2, 2010

more ceramics

 Here are the rest of the ceramic items that were Raku fired on Sunday.  I really like this pot.  I pressed and carved designs in rows around the outside.  When I glazed, I used three different glazes on the rows.  Raku glaze doesn't run during firing, as do many other glazes, so it's possible to put two different glazes side by side and have them stay that way.  This pot was made using coils.

The little bowls are all pinch pots.   This is the simplest way to work with clay.  You take a ball of clay that fits into the palm of your hand and pinch and pull up the sides as you turn the bowl around.  I like to keep the bottom round and add legs, but you can flatten it easily, instead.  I added some clay decorations to some of theses little bowls. I hope to sell them at a makers' market in southern Maryland in December.

I took the Halloween decorations down last evening and put them back into storage in the basement.  I won't have to do anything more with decor, inside or out until after Thanksgiving when the Christmas decorations go up.  That will be a big chore, as there are LOTS and LOTS of Christmas items.  I seem unable to resist buying more each year.  Help - I'm addicted to home decor stuff!  This year I'm staying home, rather than going to England, so I will even put up a tree, although I'm not sure where I'll put it.  My living room is a bit full.  I'm sure I'll find room for all the things, including the tree.  I'm really glad I have almost a month before I have to do all that.

1 comment:

mumzy said...

Lovely projects, those bowls are so cute. We are still not sure whether we will be home for Christmas, so I have not given my Christmas decorations any thoughts yet.