Tuesday, February 15, 2011

new creations

I have a few new ceramic pieces that I haven't shown yet.  I try to remember to take photos when I bring the pieces home, but often I forget.  Anyway, here are 3 masks made recently.  I don't much like the blond guy.  Faces that look somewhat realistic and pleasant don't really interest me.  I think he's rather blah. 

The green insect I like a lot.  It was inspired by watching another ceramicist who was putting very realistic insects on the side of her vases.  She was actually copying them from a guide to insects book.  I  used her insects as inspiration, but didn't create an actual insect.  Mine is part preying mantis and part imagination. 

The cat mask is a not quite successful attempt to do a cat face.  I haven't yet been satisfied with any animal faces, but I'll keep trying.  Imaginary faces - human, animal, insect or alien - are much easier for me than real ones.

No comments: