Friday, February 4, 2011

another not so exciting week

I really can't think of anything to blog about.  The snow is melting, but not yet all gone.  Don't think we are due for more in the next few days.  Thank goodness! Enough is enough!  I'm back into my usual routine of classes and volunteer activities.  Tomorrow AM, the guys are coming to 'iron out' the other two wrinkles in my flooring.  This will involve moving the hutch, the dining room table and a baker's rack with plants on it.  So I will be busy early clearing out the hutch, moving plants and suchlike.  I don't know where they can put the hutch and the table, but I suppose they will fit them into the living room somehow.  I'm just glad I don't have to move the pieces!

Yesterday, I did some baking.  I was responsible for bringing snacks to choir this month.  We celebrate birthdays at the beginning of each month and have a little part after rehearsal.  I baked brownies and miniature cinnamon muffins.  Everyone said they were good, but unfortunately, there were quite a few left over.  I will give the muffins to a friend, as I should not eat them.  (Cinnamon gives me heartburn.)  I shouldn't eat the brownies either, but there were only 4 left over, and if I eat only one at lunch each day, I should get away with them.  (Chocolate is also on the 'no-no' list, but I can have it in small quantities).  The only problem is that it's really hard to eat just one brownie!

I've been doing some 'retail therapy' this past week. Bought some clothes on clearance sale - 75 % off!  I do love sales!  And got in some exercise at the same time, as I walked all over Columbia Mall several times (2 different trips).  They open the mall early for walkers, but I haven't tried that yet.  I'm a bit worried about being there that early, before the stores open.  I wonder if walkers have problems with being robbed.  I don't want to leave my purse in the car (no trunk in my van), but don't want to wear it either.  I'll have to give this more thought.  But at least, I did get some exercise this week.  I can feel it in my legs too! 

I'm going to stop now and go to the car wash.  Salt from the roads is now on my car and needs to be power-washed off!  I never used to bother, but my mechanic tells me that the salt corrodes my brake drums (or whatever they are) and that I need to get it off.  Gotta keep this car in running order for a few more years!

1 comment:

mumzy said...

|Thank goodness you don't live here as we have tons of snow and cold temperatures - no melting here.

Our car is supposed to be green but right now, it is salt grey with a little of the green showing.