Thursday, April 28, 2011

iris in bloom

Yesterday, these iris were just buds.  I never expected to see them fully open this AM.  What a lovely surprise!
Photos are below.

Tom and Peggy (brother and sister-in-law) came in yesterday afternoon, on their way north from Florida.  They rode the auto train up to Lorton, VA and drove over to spend the night with me.  I was happy to see them.  We had some good conversation and then went out to dinner.  I now have enough leftovers from the dinner to create three meals for me!  One thing I really like about today's restaurants is that they are happy to give us boxes to take food home in.  I remember, in the dim dark ages of my childhood, when 'doggie bags' actually held food for the dog. 

This week has just flown by.  I did clean the house some before my company arrived.  Having company gives me just enough incentive to actually get out the vacuum cleaner. Now I have a clean house for a day or so.  I have to trim the grass tomorrow and will no doubt track in enough grass to make the 'clean house' a thing of the past.

Saturday we will be doing a Raku firing at the Montpelier Arts and Crafts center.  They are having their annual herb and tea festival, which has music, craft vendors, performers and more.  Something for everyone.  I entered a mask in the 'student' display at the center.  Haven't heard whether my piece will be in the show or not.  Not many people make masks, so I have a fairly good chance of getting in.  I'll know on Saturday.



1 comment:

Pat said...

Your flowers are very pretty. I know what you mean about cleaning the house before guests arrive (and then messing it up not too long after the leave)!!!