Thursday, October 27, 2011

fall around the neighborhood

I went out the other day for a walk, with camera, and took some snaps of colorful trees, bushes and houses decorated for Halloween.  It was sunny and pleasant - a great day to be outside.  The rain predicted for today, arrived a bit early, but didn't amount to much.  We got more rain last night and today will be chilly, but I'll be inside most of the day anyway.  I think I heard a weather report on the radio that said we''d get a frost either tonight or tomorrow.  Doesn't seem possible, but who knows?
 
I really liked these Halloween decorations, although the spider kinda grossed me out! 


  















Sumac leaves are gorgeous in the fall.  We don't have a lot of red leaves here in Maryland, so I really appreciate these.















These berries are on a tree next door to me.  The tree has a really ugly shape, but the spring blossoms are pink and lovely and the fall berries are great!

2 comments:

Pat said...

What nice pictures! I'm not ready for frost. (Of course, I'm NEVER ready for frost!!!)

mumzy said...

Great pictures. We have lost most of our leaves and we got our first snow fall yesterday. Arghhh!