Saturday, October 15, 2011

I've been a bit under the weather this week, picked up a cold and seem to be keeping it.  I'd be glad to send it to anyone who would like it!!  Anyway, I think it's on the wane - about time.  Because I was tired and had to camp near a tissue box, I stayed home the past 3 days.  Not feeling up to doing any of the chores that needed doing, I have done a fair amount of reading instead.  I've re-read two of the series about Monk by Anne Perry.  I had to re-read these two because I have from the library the next in the series.  (I started re-reading all of them at Kate's and only had those two to go when I returned home.)  Now I'm looking forward to this latest - Acceptable Loss.  I also re-read several other books from my favorite authors - Nora Roberts and Jayne Krentz.

This afternoon I am supposed to go to a birthday party for a friend who is 90!  If I'm not sneezing and wheezing too much, I will at least put in an appearance.  I'm going stir crazy sitting at home. 

 Here are some more photos of fall around my neighborhood.  The trees out back are coloring up quite a bit now, although they are mostly yellow.  Maryland doesn't have many of the wonderful maples that turn bright red in the fall.  Fall in western PA and NY is always so colorful.  Usually I schedule a trip up that way this time of year, but October is just too busy this year.  I'll have to settle for Maryland's trees.
 My neighbor's and my flower beds - first photo.

These trees at end of row aren't very colorful this year.  Lots of leaves on the ground, but not very pretty.












This tree (photo below) grows along the stream that runs through our development.  I see it when I walk to the library.



This is the view from the deck.  The color isn't quite right in the photo.  The red tree is much brighter than it shows here.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Hope you're feeling better real soon. And I hope you got to spend some time at your friend's party, too!

Deb D said...

I've been home these last 3 days also, just enjoying not having to drive over the river for child-care. The weather is spectacular - cool, sunny, and inviting. Leave your kleenex box behind!!

mumzy said...

Hope you are feeling better. Lovely pictures. Our leaves were very colourful this year but are mostly gone now.