Saturday, December 5, 2009

SNOW!!






For once, the weather predictions were correct. It started snowing about noon and is still coming down. It's a very wet snow, turning to slush on the sidewalk and streets. I hear it's supposed to be in the 20s tonight, so perhaps this snow will stick around for a few days. It looks very pretty, sticking to all the bushes and trees. I couldn't resist taking a few quick pictures. Here's the little evergreen in its Christmas splendor with a dusting of snow. The red balls on the other tree have snow caps on top. The view from the back deck shows a snow-covered evergreen and all the bare branches, now snow-covered of the trees along the banks of the stream.

I need to go out today, as I have run out of Christmas cards. I thought I had enough, but I was wrong. I want to get the cards done, so that I can mail them Monday. I have been printing up copies of my Christmas letter this morning. Three pages of text and one of pictures taken in Scotland during the summer holiday trip.

3 comments:

Pat said...

How pretty it looks...we even got a little here tonight....but not much and the roads will be wickedly icy and folks here can't seem to drive in it.

mumzy said...

The snow covered trees are just beautiful and we awoke to that same scenery here this morning.

Sandy said...

It looks as if you got more snow down south than we got in northern Pa but I am sure that will change before this winter leaves us.