Sunday, August 15, 2010

College Park Airport museum


Thursday, we met a high school friend of Kate's for lunch at a noodle place in College Park.  The food was very good and service was fast.  They have Thai, Japanese, Italian and American noodle dishes.  Maybe Chinese as well.  I wish it was closer to where I live, so I could get take out. 

Then we went to the airport museum.  College Park Airport had a record for being the longest continuously operating airport in the US.  Unfortunately, after 9/11, it was closed for a period of time.  All local airports in the Baltimore/DC area were shut down for a time.  I had never been to the museum, despite living fairly close.  It was great for children - lots of interactive activities, including dressing up in old pilot uniforms and a stimulator where one could try to fly an airplane on the screen.  I did notice that the kids were more into crashing the airplane than flying it safely!  LOL  Kate has photos on her blog site, but I'll try to 'borrow' a couple to put here, if I can find where she put them.

1 comment:

mumzy said...

Sounds like the visit to the Airport Museum was fun for everyone, including the kids.