Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I stayed home

Monday, Kate and the kids went to the Howard County Fair.  Photos are found on Kate's blog.
 I had to teach my ceramics class in the afternoon, so a friend picked up Kate and family, so I could have my car.  Class went very well.  A returning student arrived.  She was last in class two sessions ago, and was very disappointed to find that I had thrown away her unfinished creations.  We have limited storage space at the center and when she didn't come back right away, I discarded her stuff, some of which had broken anyway.  She said that her friends who came with her previously were coming back for the fall session.  I hope they do, as we need more students to keep the class running.
 
Yesterday, we went swimming in the afternoon at a lovely pool where one of Kate's friends has a membership.  This pool is just down the road from where I live and much nicer than our neighborhood pool, with big shade trees over the seating area.  It seems to be pretty much empty on weekdays.  Next year I might take out a membership there.  I'm not much of a swimmer, but it sure felt good to spend a couple of hours in the water.  After swimming,  we headed off to Columbia Mall where Kate met a college friend for dinner, and the kids and I went to see Toy Story 3.  What a great movie!  The story was exciting and the animation was wonderful!  I loved it!  I only go to kid movies when I'm with my grandkids, which is not very often.  I feel rather silly going by myself.  However, now that I have hearing aids and can hear the dialogue in movies, perhaps I will go more often, even if I can't find a kid to take with me.

Today will be HOT, I'm sure.  I went out at 6:30 AM to water my plants.  It was already hot and muggy.  We'll be outside a good deal today, but we're tough - we can stand the heat!  It will make the A/C feel really good when we get back inside.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I'm enjoying hearing about your adventures with Kate and the kids. Not sure if I told you, but my 6-year old granddaughter will be coming here this weekend and will stay for a little over 2 weeks. (I'll get a partial break when her mom comes back for a couple of days in the middle of that time), but...I'll be busy AND tired over the course of those 2 weeks. Maybe I can lose some weight when trying to keep up with her??? LOL

Kathy said...

You will be run off your legs! I'm still tired from our hike yesterday. We went to Calvert Cliffs Park to look for fossils. It had been years since I was there and had forgotten it was a 4 mile round trip hike - in 100 degree weather! Kids were hardly tired at all!