Saturday, January 15, 2011

I don't know what got into me!

Yesterday afternoon, I decided to rearrange the living room.  It started when I decided to move a woven wall hanging that Kate made some years ago from the basement stairwell to the living room.  I really like this wall hanging and no one sees it when it's hanging in the stairwell.   I tried to several different places and finally decided where it would look best.  However this was going to involve moving the couch across the room and bringing the two chairs over to where the couch had been.  Also some shuffling of end tables and of course, redoing the knick-knacks that decorate the tables.  In order to move the couch, I had to roll up the area rug.  Where the rug was and where the couch had been, the floors were dusty, so that meant getting out the vacuum.  You can see where all this is leading.  About an hour later, I finally had clean floors and things moved around to my liking.  I actually love rearranging furniture and other stuff, thus getting a new look to a room.  Karl, my first husband, used to say that he never knew what the house would look like when he came home from work! However, the older I get, the more difficult this process is.  I don't know what I will do when I get too old and decrepit to push furniture around!


Here are a couple of photos of the changes.  The blue cloth is covering an old foot locker that I use as a side table.  It gets different covers throughout the year.  It had a green cover when it was next to the couch, but needed a blue one in its current position.  I didn't take a photo of the couch, as it looks pretty much the same no matter which side of the room it's on. Only the throw pillows on it change with the seasons.

1 comment:

mumzy said...

The changes look very nice. I don't like moving furniture around like you do though.