Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Start of another week

Yesterday, I didn't get much accomplished.  I did get online and check on my transfers that I had previously made from one bank to another.  I was a bit nervous about them, as I had never done online transfers before.  However, all is well with them.  I find that the older I get, the more energy it takes to complete even simple business transactions, online or over the phone.  I spent some time yesterday trying to get some information from my health care provider (the Blues).  I started out at the website, thinking it would be a simple matter to find the info.  Ha!  Should have known better.  As far as I could tell, the information needed was not anywhere on the website.  I ended up on the phone and was further frustrated by the messages that repeat over and over again while one is waiting to talk to a live person.  The stupid recording keeps talking about how info can be found on the website and how much faster it is to do that.  I wanted to scream at someone (no one was listening, of course) to just shut up!  I wouldn't have been on hold on the phone is I could have found the information online.  When I finally did reach a real person, I got the info very quickly, but the whole process took far too long.  Maybe as I grow older, I am also becoming less patient, although I suspect I have never been tolerant of idiot messages on the phone.  To really top off the day, I had yet another frustrating experience online.  This time I was trying to arrange for a pickup by an airport shuttle company.  I couldn't work the online system - it just never gave me a place to put in my place of pick-up (my home).  I called the company and after a bit of shuffling around managed to talk to a local rep.  He was able to explain what I needed to do in order to make the reservation online.  It was simple, but not obvious, at least not to me.  Now if I can just remember this the next time I need to book a shuttle!!

That was all the frustration I could deal with in one day.  Hopefully, today will go much more smoothly.  It should, as I think I don't have to conduct any business online! 

I have already posted on Facebook the photos from the Raku firing on Saturday.  I made a bunch of little faces, that came out very well.  I plan to mount them on a board of some sort.  A friend suggested they would look good on a board from an old barn.  I don't happen to know of any old barns around here, so that probably won't happen.  Anyway, here's a photo of the faces.

2 comments:

Deb D said...

Don't know about you but I am much more irritable and imptient as I age (never a strong point in patience but worse now)!

Kathy said...

Yeah, me too. I used to think that one would mellow in old age. I guess it's just wine that gets better with age!