Saturday, January 28, 2012

A strange morning

 I've not seen clouds like these before.  Thought they were worth a few photos.  There wasn't any wind blowing, at least not that I could see or feel.   I have no idea what caused this odd pattern.

The other strange thing about this morning is that shortly after I got up, my back started hurting.  I've had trouble on and off with my sciatica, but always before, I could figure out what I had done to trigger it.  (Moving furniture, too much gardening, pulling vacuum cleaner around, etc.) This time, I haven't a clue.  It rather messed up my plans for the weekend.  I was going to get out and trim off the rest of the dead stems on my plants and perhaps clean up the deck a bit.  Instead, I am sitting with a heating pad against my back, trying not to have to get up very often and moving very slooowly.  Typically, this problem will be over by tomorrow, but it's a real nuisance while it lasts.  I really would like to have a 30 year old body instead of this one that is 70 +!!  Anybody want to trade? 

Yesterday, our lunch bunch (3 of us) ate at a 'new' restaurant - Busboys and Poets.  It's located in Hyattsville, along route 1.  I had not been in that area in years.  Boy, has it changed!  There is a new 'art district' a few block further south and the whole area is undergoing renovation.  A number of lots are empty, but with evidence that something may soon be built.  There are some very interesting new apartment buildings on one side street.  There are several new restaurants and some old ones that are getting spiffed up.  Wells Fargo Bank has a huge new building on a corner.  All these improvement have been a long time coming.  It's good to see rejuvenation along a run-down major street.  The restaurant where we ate had really good food and the service was attentive, but it's one of those places with the ceilings open to the rafters, which means it's extremely noisy!  I wish this were not the style for restaurants.  It's not a place to try to have a conversation.  I probably will not go back, because of that.  It might be a good place to eat with noisy kids, so I'll keep it in mind for the next time Kate and family visit.

3 comments:

Pat said...

I hope your back pain subsides soon. That is no fun at all. :(

Kathy said...

thanks, Pat. A backache is certainly not fun. I guess I shouldn't complain too much, as it's been over a year since I had this problem. I'm still 'hooked up' to the heating pad today, but have hopes for freedom tomorrow'

Deb D said...

gorgeous clouds!! I saved the bottom picture.