Saturday, October 9, 2010

a great day for yard sales

I went visiting local yard sales today.  The sun was shining, although it was chilly when I started out.  An hour later, I had taken the jacket off; when I got home at noon, I changed into shorts!  Anyway, I got a lot of stuff and it was all very cheap.  Sometimes people at yard sales price things too high, but all these folks had stuff priced to SELL!  And I bought!  I got some Halloween and some Christmas decorations - mostly outdoor ones for Halloween.  One sale was at a church and they also had FOOD.  Delicious brownies and I think from the wonderful odors, really good soup, too.  Unfortunately it was still morning when I was there, and I didn't get back there for lunch. Need I say that I ate the brownies before I got home? 

Among the items I came home with is a stack of plastic interlocking shelf things - each one 8x11.  I now have 4 blue shelves and 3 red ones - perfect in my kitchen.  I'm hoping that I can get myself better organized and eliminate some of the mess on my kitchen counter and buffet.  Wish me luck - I'm going to start on reorganizing as soon as I finish this blog.  And speaking of my kitchen, I'm getting an estimate today on replacing the old vinyl flooring.  The one I have picked is a fairly dark gray, made to resemble stone.  When the floor is installed, I'll take a photo.


 The first photo is, Halloween and fall stuff.  I also have some outdoor stuff that I didn't photo.  I'll do that later when the yard decorations are all up.  The gourd is really big - over a foot long.  I have no idea what to do with it, but I just couldn't resist.  The wood bird cage is another one of those irresistible things.  I already have a place in mind to hang it and a paper mache bird to put in it.  The Xmas stuff is packed away until December.  And yes, I know that I don't need any more mugs - even Christmas ones.  But, it was only 50 cents!

No comments: