Saturday, October 2, 2010

Yesterday's loot.




Yesterday, a local church had a bazaar.  I went in the AM, when it opened.  What a lot of great stuff!  I would have bought more, but I ran out of money.  Perhaps that is just as well. Here's what I found.  I really feel lucky on the picture frame.  It was only $1.00 and it is the perfect size for a photo of Kate and the kids that she sent me a while back.  It's not exactly a standard size, but it fit just right in this frame. (The picture wasn't in the frame when I took the above photo, as you can tell.)



It turned out to be a beautiful day yesterday.  The rain clouds disappeared and we had blue sky and sunshine.  Better enjoy it while we can, as the prediction is for more rain by mid-week.  I brought my house plants inside last night.  It's a good thing I did, as the temps reached a low in the 40s last night.  Had to do a major rearrangement of plants on baker's racks, but I did manage to fit all of them in.  I would like to have fewer houseplants, but cannot stand to just throw away the ones I have, as long as they are healthy.  House plants anyone?

This morning was chilly!  I put the heat on for about an hour.  The house temperature was 69, which is about what I keep my house at during the heating season.  However, I was wearing fall, not winter, clothes and I was cold.  By noon, I may want to put summer clothes back on. 

2 comments:

mumzy said...

You did find lovely things at that bazaar. We have been seeing pictures on the TV of all the rain that has been going thru some of the States and we are just now getting some of it here today.

Deb D said...

great stuff!