Tuesday, June 21, 2011

ceramic photos


I said on Facebook that these photos were on my blog, so I'd better get them up here.  These are Raku pieces. The fish is the best one.  I used commercial low-fire glazes on that one.  They are more reliable than the Raku glazes we make at the studio.
 This mask broke during cooling.  You can see the break between the nose and the mouth.  I've glued thesections back together and will be using paint to disguise the break line.
 I used four different glazes on this one.  The interior is black, because it was unglazed.  Raku firing always makes unglazed areas black.
This glaze is called "Rick's Turquoise"  Obviously, it has changed since Rick (whoever he is) made it.  Should be called "rick's yellow turquoise".  It's a strange glaze, but I love the effect.

I was going to post a couple of objects from another class, but I think I'll wait for another blog to do that.

1 comment:

Deb D said...

Good to know that I can use commercial low-fire glazes in Raku. I also liked the little bowl - loved how you did the feet.