Thursday, June 23, 2011

a day at home - Wednesday

 Took my car in to the shop last night.  There are several things to be worked on, so I imagine it will be expensive.  Dropping it off was easy.  Getting back home was not so pleasant.  I waited half an hour in the hot sun for the bus.  The bus is usually late, but this was later than usual.  When I got home, I dumped all my clothes in the laundry basket and took a cool shower!

So today I am without a car, which means that the only place I might visit would be the library.  It's only a few blocks away.  Of course, being home all day, SHOULD mean that I will get lots of things accomplished - clean the floors, balance the checkbook, call Verizon about my latest bill.  I doubt if those things will get done, except for calling Verizon.  I canceled the TV portion of my bill, but somehow they are charging me almost as much as when I had it.  The bills are so complicated that it takes a genius to figure them out.  I suspect that is done on purpose, so that customers will never understand what they are paying for!  I'm seriously thinking  about switching my phone and internet provide to Comcast. (Got an ad from them in yesterday's mail).  However, I suspect they will be just as bad as Verizon and it's such a hassle to switch.  I could get a good cell phone company and cancel the land-line, but I can't do without my Internet connection.

I brought home a couple of pieces from ceramics recently - in addition to the Raku pieces.  I am involved in three ceramics classes - one I teach and two where I am a student.  The pieces shown on this blog are low-fire.  The little lizard will go outside, to hide in a flower bed and surprise anyone looking at the flowers.  The bowl will just go into a box downstairs.  I will probably try to sell it, if I find a local craft show.

Weird!  I just tried to put a couple of photos on this blog and they just wouldn't upload.  I'll have to try again later.  I started this on Wednesday.  Today, Thursday, the photos uploaded just fine.

1 comment:

Deb D said...

Leaping Lizards!! Very nice