Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"That's the way the money goes"


Here are some photos of recent acquisitions. The plants aren't much to look at yet, but they will fill the pots in a few months. As you can see, I seem to be into purple and red this year.




I am working on an art quilt for the ALQS that Kate is hosting this summer. The process is rather new to me, but hopefully, I'll produce something interesting and someone will want it. I already have the fabric for this quilt and I went to JoAnn's just to get two clear plastic rulers and maybe some little things to use on that quilt and on future creations. Of course, there was a sale(JoAnn's has a sale nearly every week) - this time 40 percent off on most cotton fabric. As you can see, I just couldn't resist. I got one real bargain - the trees on the orange fabric - originally $11.60 a yard - on sale and then marked down again because it was the last of the
bolt. I got 3/4 yard for $2.10. Now that's a bargain! Here are the little things. Cute, aren't they?

1 comment:

Pat said...

Great buys and I love the little things you bought and...funny story...I also bought one of the same ones (the one on the bottom right). Your flowers will look lovely once they are in full swing.