Thursday, April 30, 2009

A few outdoor photos



Above is the railing on one side of my deck. You can see a few of the birdhouses I've been collecting and a planter with impatiens, just planted Sunday. They will fill the planter by summer's end. This spot never gets much sun, so it's ideal for impatiens.


The first photo below is of one of the dogwood trees down by the stream, behind and below my house. It's hard to see it from my house, except from upstairs. However, I love the glimpse of it I get from my kitchen window. If I can't have more flowering trees in my yard (thanks to the homeowners' association), at least I can enjoy the ones on common property.

The other photo is a couple of doves, not doing and 'billing and cooing', but just sitting there back to back. Doves are ground feeders and don't usually get up on the decks, so I was intrigued by them. I think they must have had a quarrel and each is waiting for the other to make the first apology! LOL They let me get quite close and just ignored me.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I enjoyed your photos. It's nice that you have common ground so nearby that you can enjoy.