Tuesday, July 14, 2009

on holiday

I'm leaving for England tomorrow night. I'll be visiting Kate and family. We will spend 10 days in Scotland, in a lovely 'cottage' somewhere outside of Aberdeen. I think we'll be doing a lot of just walking around enjoying scenery. It's hard to find tourist attractions for a group ranging in age from 6 to 68! However, the North Sea is fairly close and the family love beaches, so we'll certainly visit the shore. I understand that the North Sea is bitterly cold, especially along the Scottish coast, so I doubt if we'll do more than dip our toes into the water. Kate is the only good swimmer in the family anyway. For swimming, we may go to one of those indoor water playgrounds - with big slides and such like. We'll see if Grandma has the courage to go down one again.

I probably won't be blogging much, if at all, during my trip, but I'll be in touch when I get back. I will take lots of photos and will post them on my flickr account. Look for them at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathydillard.

No comments: