Sunday, July 12, 2009

what was I thinking?

Yesterday was too hot to work outside, except for a bit in the AM in the back. I cleaned up some trimmings that had been lying around for a week or so. Anyway, I had planned to work on my quilting, but the front bedroom, where my sewing is done, gets sun all AM, so it was VERY HOT in there.

Somehow I ended up in the basement (blessedly cool) and decided to rearrange the furniture. I have no idea why this happened, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. The furniture consists of a futon couch/bed, a coffee table, a desk, and many, many bookcases. Yeah, I know, I have way too many books. There are 11 tall bookcases and 3 small ones. Anyway, the purpose of rearranging was to position the couch so that it faced the sliding glass doors. I want to be able to sit and enjoy looking at my plants in the shade garden under the deck. The couch is heavy, but moving it was the easy part!

I also had to move the TV, so that it could be viewed from the couch. Never mind that I don't ever watch it. Maybe I'll want to view one of those DVDs that are still in their wrappers. LOL In order to move the TV, I had to take apart a display/storage unit and move it to where the TV table had been. After I moved the couch, I couldn't put the three short bookcases back behind it, so I had to do some creative rearranging of various pieces of furniture. I did get the pieces all fitted in someway, but then I had to rearrange books, since moving the bookcases had messed my system. (Basically, books are arranged by author except for mysteries that have a shelf of their own and a couple of shelves of unread books. I've been going through the unread ones and getting rid of many of them.) I also had to take down various pictures from the walls and then put them back up in different places. Ditto with the knicknacks that were on some shelves. I ended up moving all the books from the Cs to the Ks. Believe me that's a lot of books! I expected to be sore today, as I used muscles I have not used in a while, but so far nothing aches more than usual. I am very pleased with the room and actually spent some time yesterday afternoon sitting on the couch admiring my plants.

2 comments:

Pat said...

After all that hard work, I'm glad you are pleased with the end-result AND not sore today, either.

mumzy said...

You have been busy moving all that furniture. I see that I'm not the only one collecting CD's and DVD's with the wrapper still on. We just can't seem to find the time to open them up.