Wednesday, March 3, 2010

new computer

I've just spent the past 2 hours getting my new computer connected and running. I can't seem to get any sound from the speakers and I hate the keyboard. Also, the instructions provided were NOT easy to follow. And, I don't have enough USB ports on the back of the CPU. To connect the speakers, I have to use a port on the front, which means a little door will remain open on the front. Why can't they just make it simple? Why do they have to put little doors to cover up things that one will need to use every day? As I may have said before: I have a love/hate relationship with my computer. On the plus side, it is very fast. However, since I cannot hear the video that will show me how to use Windows 7, I will be learning by trial and error - mostly error!!

I still have to load the Windows Home Office (or whatever it's called) software, but at least I can get online. I am now going to try to get into email. Since I no longer have Outlook (too cheap to pay for it) I will have to do totally online email. And my address book is supposedly in a document, but since I have no word processing at the moment, I will have to type in any addresses I want to use. That should be fun - NOT!

1 comment:

Deb D said...

I hope you haven't pitched the whole thing out by now :)
Deb