Sunday, June 13, 2010

musical show

Last night was opening night for the MAD (Music and Drama) show.  It went pretty well.  At least the chorus didn't make any obvious errors.  We used music this year, as rehearsals started late.  Three more shows to go.  I wish they had done three in one weekend, rather that 4 over two weekends.  I love singing, but I'll be glad when this show is over. 

Photo is of the front flower bed.  Later this summer, I hope to have morning glories on the trellis, but as you can see, I decorate it with 'yard stuff' while I'm waiting for the vines.

Nothing much else happening.  Oh yes, I had my hearing tested and will be getting hearing aids next Friday.  That should be interesting, to say the least.  Watch what you say, as now I might be able to hear you!  LOL  And, next Wednesday, I get wireless Internet.  Here's a funny thing:  these guys came around a few days ago to dig small trenches in my yard (and the adjoining one) to lay cable.  Evidently it takes cable for one to get wireless.  Somehow that seems really odd.

Today will be hot, really hot, I believe.  Yesterday was pretty bad and it didn't even cool off much at night. This is true summer weather and it's only mid-June.  If this is global warming, then I'm thinking of heading north!

3 comments:

quiltingnana said...

Sounds like we are doing similar things and it is HOT here too and only 8:30 a.m.

Deb D said...

Let us know how those hearing aids work for you. Hot down here also. Off to water the plants

mumzy said...

Good luck with your hearing aids. As usual, you do a great job in your flower garden.

Hot weather is here early this year but I am not complaining as I hate the cold.