Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Waiting for Verizon

I'm going to start this post while I am waiting for Verizon to come and install Internet wireless.  I've had to reschedule this appointment several times and eventually, I changed a dentist appointment in order to keep this one.  Now they are late and I'm annoyed.  Anyway, if they come in the middle of this post, I'll save it and finish it later. 

Beautiful cool weather today.  I'm hoping to get outside and play in the garden.  Should be nice for the next several days, but I'll be inside all day tomorrow and pretty much tied up Friday.  I'm planning to go to Homestead Gardens on Friday, after lunch, and buy a crape myrtle.  Supposedly they will have lots of them for sale and I can find one small enough that I can actually get it out of my car and around back to be planted.  My other project that I hope to work on is making some stepping stones out of concrete.  My friend Deb gave me some directions and stuff and all I have to do is buy cement and get to work.  Today would be ideal, but I can't leave home until Verizon comes and does their thing.  Hopefully, that will happen soon.  The photo shows the morning glories climbing up the lilies, rather than on the trellis.  Perhaps they will find the trellis before the summer is over!  Morning glories reseed each year and come up everywhere, except where one wants them.  Oh well, they are lovely when they bloom.

I had my ears checked out yesterday, just to make sure there wasn't an infection or other problem.  The doctor said I just needed to get used to the hearing aids.  The right one is no problem, but the left one hurts when I chew or wiggle my face a certain way.  I had to take both of them out yesterday evening.  I can tolerate about 10 hours and then they both hurt.  I hope the doctor is correct and I will get used to them.  The darn things cost a pretty penny, even with the insurance paying 2/3 of it.  They certainly do improve my hearing.  In fact, I am hearing a lot of sounds I haven't heard in years - beeps in the car from the seat belt sensor, chirps and clicks from my refrigerator, bird songs that I didn't notice before.  However, none of these sounds are too loud, they are just much louder than without the aids.  Tomorrow and Friday I will be wearing the things in places where there may be several people talking at once.  I'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

Deb D said...

Yes, today is beautiful and I am outside also laying down plastic to cover the ground where my lawn guys cleared it. I am sorry that the hearing aids are not comfortable and I hope they become so. Rich had 1 good top denture the dog chewed up and the replacement denture was painful and could not be adjusted. Also expensive. He just goes around without it in the house.