Thursday, July 1, 2010

wireless at last

They came, they saw, they installed.  This should be in Latin, of course, but I never learned that language!  LOL  It took 4 hours for Verizon to install wireless and get it working.  The problem seemed to be with getting the telephones to work, after the installation.  Annoyingly, I still have a wire connecting the cordless phone base to the wall jack.  I was hoping to get rid of that, because the jack is on the wall about 5 feet high, so the cord has to come down the wall to the phone.  I haven't found a way to camouflage that wire. Computer works fine, although at first, there were some pop up messages, asking questions, that made me nervous.  However, I clicked on what I thought was the correct option and all seems well.  I am, of course, being bombarded with messages from Verizon about various things which I don't think I ordered and don't think I want.  Don't they ever quit? 

I spent most of yesterday clearing out paper stuff in the kitchen/dining room.  That area has become a depository for all sorts of information that, at one time, I think I want to save.  I need to go through those papers every month and throw away most of them, but of course, I don't do it nearly that often.  It's done now, but I wonder how long it will look so neat.  A week maybe?

Today is another cool, clear, beautiful day.  Unfortunately, I have to work at the hospital gift shop all day.  Still, I'll be home in time to enjoy sitting on the deck, sipping a cool drink in the late afternoon.  Maybe I'll even grill a hamburger, although it seems rather wasteful to start a charcoal fire just for one burger.  Easier to cook it inside.

I may actually have to clean my house sometime in the next few days - horrors!.  I think I have run out of reasons for postponing it.  I really hate house cleaning.  It's a boring chore and the house doesn't stay clean for any length of time.  If the lawn gets mowed this weekend, then I'll have grass all over the floor.  Oh well - "into every life a little grass must fall" - no that's not quite the right quote!

Have a good July 4.  Enjoy the fireworks.

No comments: