Wednesday, July 7, 2010

front border done

I went out yesterday evening and planted the petunias and begonias in the newly expanded front border.  Added mulch, although they could probably used some more.  I'll have to buy another bag.  This AM, they look ok, but it's going to be another very HOT day, so they will probably wilt by noon.  Here are some photos.  If you enlarge them, you can see the little ceramic critters, hiding among the plants.  In prior years, we actually had some live toads and lizards, but we now have a resident black snake, so the toads and lizards are all gone.  I haven't seen the snake, but my neighbor has and says it's a big one.  I'm not afraid of snakes, but I'd just as soon not have one under my steps.  Still, it's better than the ground hog.  Snakes don't eat my flowers!

No comments: