Monday, June 1, 2009

Yard Sale Saturday

Patty and I left home at 7:30 Saturday and came home at 7:30 PM. Quite a day! We picked up route 40 west of Baltimore, hoping to follow the advertised "Route 40 Yard Sale". Unfortunately, Marylanders had not gotten the message about the yard sale. We did find a few yard sales, off the route, but not even the antique stores along the route were participating in the 'Yard Sale'. However, we found a number of antique stores, most of which I had never been in and many of which were having sales. It was a highly successful day! Photos of some of my loot are below. We drove all the way to Hancock - nearly 100 miles from home.

The only blight on the day was that after driving an hour or so, we made a rest stop and discovered that one of my tires was a bit soft. There was free air, but when we tried to get the value cap off, we could not do it - even with pliers. At that point, we just kept on with our trip. I tried to drive more slowly, but coming home on I-70, that was rather hard to do. Yesterday, I took the car back to the tire place and they replaced two value stems and caps. If I had kept on trying to get the cap off, the stem would have torn, so it's a good thing that I quit when I did. Anyhow, except for having to wait almost three hours yesterday at the tire place, all was well. Luckily I had a book with me, so I wasn't bored. I read 130 pages of "Three Cups of Tea" the book about Greg Mortenson, the mountain climber who builds schools in remote Himalyan villages. It's a good book - amazing what he has been able to do.



Light houses, bird houses and a new shelf for more additions to Kathy's menagerie.

2 comments:

Groovy Gram said...

Sounds like a great day! - Aside from the whole tire thing.. - I can't wait to start yard saling here!

mumzy said...

Glad you had a great day! Sorry you had tire trouble though. You seem to be having a wonderful time visiting antique shops and yard sales.