Friday, May 29, 2009

we are both in good shape

This week was somewhat busy for me. Tuesday, I took my car back in to get the leak in the coolant system fixed. Rode the bus home, luckily is wasn't raining at that point, and got ready for an endoscopy (looking down the esophagus). There isn't much getting ready - not like a colonoscopy - but it did mean that I had nothing to eat or drink. The procedure is painless, except for the nurse having trouble putting in the IV. My doctor thinks there is nothing to worry about, although he did take a couple of biopsies. He also gave me a set of photos. I WILL NOT post them on this site!! Believe me, no one wants to look at the inside of the esophagus - yeuck!

Wednesday afternoon I was ready to ride the bus back to pick up my car, when a neighbor came out and offered to take me. Really nice of him, although the bus ride isn't really a problem. The best thing was that the garage didn't charge me. What they did was replace the hose clamps (or whatever) that had come with the new water pump (replaced a few weeks ago) with some other ones. Hopefully, that solved the problem, however, I MUST remember to check the fluid regularly, just in case.

Wednesday evening was a rehearsal for the spring variety show put on by MAD (Music and Drama group). Supposedly, we have all the music memorized now. I think by next week I will be ok with most of it, but some of the numbers are really hard. The worse one is "Transylvania Mania." It has lines like, "Lose the blues and don't complainia. Hit the dance floor, feel no painia." "Just accept it, don't refrainia. don't resist, it's all in vainia." "All the devils in Tasmania shade their tails and go insania.' You get the idea. It's very hard to remember which lines come where. The show runs next weekend - June 5,6,7. Next week is hell week, which means rehearsals, in costume, for three nights running. It's fun, but I'll be glad when it's over!

Today I will lunch with the Friday lunch bunch - long time friends. We've been doing this for maybe 20 years now. It's a great way to stay in touch, but it's hard when people move away or die. Still, I guess I'd rather outlive my friends than die first. LOL

Tomorrow, Patty and I are going to the Route 40 Yard Sale. We've never done this before, but the idea is that people and stores along route 40 will all hold yard sales on the same day. I think we will be starting west of Baltimore and driving west, but perhaps we will try to do the part of route 40 that goes through Baltimore and east. We really haven't discussed the specifics. Obviously we will only do a small portion of the route. I'll post the results in a few days, when I've recovered from the excursion!

We've had rain all week, on and off, and today appears to be shaping up the same. However, the weekend is supposed to be nice, and I think the rain isn't starting until maybe Tuesday. I'll just enjoy the sunshine when it comes. Hope those of you reading this are getting some sunshine in your lives.

1 comment:

Groovy Gram said...

I love the lunch brunch idea and wish I'd thought of something like this, maybe it's not too late to start? I'm 46 now, that would put me at 66 in 20 yrs., I think this is possible. Great idea! I'm going to try it!
Enjoy your weekend! We've had alot of rain too and more on the way, looks like Sunday will be our dry day.