Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday's yard sale loot

Today, Patty and I went out to visit as many yard sales as we could during the morning. We managed to go to five community or church yard sales. These are the best kind, as they will have a variety of people selling a variety of things. "One man's junk is another man's treasure." We started out at 7 AM!!! I usually am up and awake by 7, but not usually dressed, fed and ready to move out. However, it was worth the effort. We had a pretty good day. Some of my finds are pictured here. The two monkeys in the antique child's swing are new. I bought two of these metal birds, which are actually candle holders. However, I like having them in among the potted plants on the deck. I couldn't resist the picture frame because of the birdhouse and flowers on it. Maybe I'll get a photo of my grandkids this summer and put it in there. And then there is this placque with more birdhouses on it. I don't know exactly where I will put it, but probably outside, after I coat it with some sealer.



3 comments:

mumzy said...

Looks like you made out great at the yard sales. They can be fun!

Groovy Gram said...

Nice... I love the bird candle holders, very cool.. =)

Pat said...

I love yard sales and haven't been in two weeks (due to other commitments) but I'm going THIS week!! Yippee!!! You got some really nice buys...thanks for sharing the photos.