Wednesday, May 13, 2009

two lovely days in a row!

Yesterday was mild and sunny and today looks to be the same, except maybe even warmer. Could it be that spring has arrived? Actually, it came over a month ago, with all the usual ups and downs. Summer will probably hit us with 90s in just a few weeks. So, I'm going to enjoy what we have just now. Yesterday I went for a walk around Lake Elkhorn after my pottery class. I saw the usual collection of turtles balancing on sticks and logs in the lake. Also say a proud couple of Canada Geese with four goslings. The little ones still had their yellow downy feathers, but were swimming life experts. As they came up onto the shore, I walked on, as the parents get a bit feisty when the goslings are young.

I did a bit of shopping on my way home - wood chips from Home Depot (I will spread them out this afternoon) - and some fabric markers and a seam ripper from JoAnn's. I managed to escape with only buying two fat quarters of fabric (greatly reduced). I'm trying to figure out if I need to buy cotton thread for my quilting or if I can continue to use the polyester stuff I already have. One of my books says to use only cotton. Advice from advanced quilters will be welcome.

It was so pleasant yesterday evening that Patty and I went for a walk around the neighborhood. I figure I walked at least 3 miles yesterday. Patty and I have been very negligent with our walking this spring - too much rain - but we are determined to get back into walking for an hour at least three times a week. We NEED that exercise!

Today our volunteer group from the church library is going out to lunch. We do this about twice a year to reward ourselves for all our hard work. Columbia has many good restaurants, although they are hard to find. No signage is allowed on the streets, so you have to know what neighborhood a restaurant (or any business) is in. It's hard on those of us who don't live in Columbia, but I'm at the point now where I know where many of the good ones are.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Enjoy your lunch and your nice weather. We started yesterday nice and then had rain. Today is to be nice and then it's all downhill for a few days. this morning it was so chilly outside here that the heat kicked on for about a half hour. *sigh*