Monday, May 25, 2009

just puttering around

It's hot here - too hot for much work outside. I was out early this AM, watered all the plants, front and back. This, of course, will ensure than it rains today! LOL I also spread four bags of wood chips on the path in the back. Then I came back inside to cool off. My thermostat is set for 81 on the cool setting, which is what the temperature inside is right now. That would be too hot, except that I have a fan going wherever I am in the house. Fans are much cheaper to run than the A/C. I did manage to stay outside in the sun long enough to take a couple of photos of the plant stand I bought on Saturday and also the door decoration. See below. The plant stand was white/gold, but I sprayed it green. Of course, that means it doesn't show up well in the photo, but it looks good in my yard.

3 comments:

Pat said...

I love your plant stand. Our weather is less warm than yours...maybe because we have had a heavy cloud cover for most of the day.

Groovy Gram said...

Luv the plant stand and the sign! I luv to yard sale too!
Anymore I just can't justify buying brand new anything when I know there are gently used, gently loved items out there and at a better price, not to mention, less going into the land fills..
Sorry about your vehicle issues.. I've had my fair share of those. Hopefully the garage will fix it at no cost. In the meantime enjoy the rest of this holiday weekend.. Try to stay cool!

quiltingnana said...

great plant and door decor....really looking summery