Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers' Day!


It's a beautiful sunny day and I have more iris in bloom. I'm up early today, as I woke up at 4:30 and never did really get back to sleep. Early bedtime tonight, I suspect. Yesterday, I worked in the yard. I dug up a bit of grass in front (and inside) my flower bed and thereby added a few inches to the bed. It looks really nice now and the rocks that edge the bed can actually be seen. (I have a low-growing Phlox in that bed and it just keeps growing out over the edging.) Today I have aching muscles, but it's worth it.

Today, I won't be singing in the choir. In honor of Mothers' Day, the men in the choir will be doing the singing. We females get to sit in the pews for a change. On Fathers' Day, we will return the favor. So I have lots of time to play on the computer this AM. It's probably a good thing that I have time, as I'm having trouble uploading photos into this blog. I just tried and the photo just vanished in the ether! This happened to me the other day, as well. Hopefully, I will have better luck with the next one.

Yesterday, I went to the library in Greenbelt because they were having a book sale. When my kids were small, we used that library a lot, but the kids are grown and I've moved, so I seldom get down there. Anyway, I bought a few books, which I really did NOT need. They were cheap, 5 for a dollar, and I will read them and donate most of them to a thrift store. The interesting and for me, frustrating, thing about that book sale is that there were no romance novels! I asked the person taking the money and she told me that early in the morning, someone came in and bought 500 romance paperbacks! Yes, that's right - 500! I'm sure the person has a store or is reselling them on eBay. It was disappointing not to find any new romances, but I also enjoy mysteries and there were plenty of them.

1 comment:

mumzy said...

Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day. The iris in your garden are really beautiful. I still can't get over the gorgeous colours.