Friday, May 8, 2009

sunshine - at last!




The sun is shining; the skies are blue andthere is only a 30 percent chance of rain later today!! Perhaps this afternoon I can finish planting all those plants I have been buying. I was going to use my string trimmer to 'mow' my lawn today, however, my neighbor's teen age son did it for me last night, with an electric mower. I'll have to bake him some cookies.

Some more pictures - the golden iris that is finally fully open (isn't it gorgeous?) and a nice arrangement in a pot on the deck. The plants in the pot are Aquilegia (Columbine), African Daisy, and Cordyline (Red Star Spike). The Aquilegia will probably stop blooming when the hot summer weather hits, but right now the three plants look just right together.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I LOVE that Iris!!! The color is brilliant. You did a good job with that planter, too. Our long-awaited sunny day seems to be fading and it looks as if another storm WILL be upon us soon. *sigh*

mumzy said...

That golden iris is a beautiful flower and what a colour.