Sunday, May 24, 2009

more car trouble

I'm beginning to think my car is jinxed - but I suppose it's just showing its age. Anyway, yesterday, one of my neighbors saw a puddle of coolant beneath my car. When I checked, there was no coolant remaining in the plastic container under the hood. Must have been some in the car, however as I had been driving the car and using the A/C. Of course, being as it's Memorial Day Weekend, the garage I use is closed. Since they put in the new water pump recently and supposedly checked the system for leaks, I want to go back to them. It appears to me that this problem should have been identified and fixed, so I'm hoping to get it fixed at no charge this time. However, this leaves me car-less until sometime next week. Luckily, today I can borrow my neighbor's car, as they have two and her husband is still on travel. He'll be back tonight, so Monday I'll be out of luck. At least I don't have to go anywhere Monday. I'm nervous about driving the car, as this leak is much more noticeable than the previous one. Seems as if it's just one thing after another with the car.

I had to cancel plans to go with a friend into DC last night to watch the rehearsal for the Memorial Day concert on the Mall. However, I had a nice evening after all. Patty and Yvette and I met on Yvette's deck (she lives between Patty and me) and enjoyed drinks and munchies for several hours. We also enjoyed watching the sunset behind the trees and admiring each other's flowers. I drank only cranberry juice, but I did eat just a taste of the salsa and the guacomole. No heartburn from either, so perhaps the medicine is working. I sure hope so. This bland diet is getting very boring!

This weekend is hot and humid, so I won't be working outside much. Yesterday afternoon, I tried to quilt the placemat that I am making. The less said about that the better. It's a mess and I won't show it to anyone, ever. The problem wasn't just in the quilting, but also because the squares weren't all the same size. I had a lot of trouble when I was cutting them. Anyway, it wasn't wasted, as I used it to try out the different stitches on my machine and also got more practice using the threader. I have to get out the diagram every time to figure out how to use that darn thing. Oh well, some of us are just mechanically challenged! LOL I am not ready to give up on quilting yet, so I will try another project from my beginners' book.

Yesterday morning I went to one pretty good yard sale. I bought a welcome sign for my front door and a plant stand that I have now painted green. All I need is some smallish pots and flowers to put in it.

I have to leave for church soon, so I won't try to put up photos of the sign or the stand. Maybe on the next blog.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I hope the latest car issue is a minor one that is quickly fixed AND for nothing since, as you say, they should have noticed this when they replaced the water pump (or maybe they didn't tighten something enough when they did that job??) Don't give up on the quilting......you can do it....I'm sure.