Saturday, September 26, 2009

a blah week

This week has been a wasted one, I feel. Nothing much happened and I feel as if I was just killing time. I did the usual things - taught ceramics on Monday; went to ceramics classes on Tuesday and Wednesday; went to the church library on Wednesday; worked at the gift shop on Thursday; and went to lunch with friends on Friday. However, I really did not get anything done at home. I was so tired in the afternoons and evenings that I just sat around and re-read some of my old favorite novels or napped. Hopefully, whatever 'bug' that made me so tired and dispirited all week is gone now.

I expect a much more active week next week, as I will be going 'home' on Thursday to attend my 50 year high school reunion. I'm really looking forward to that. Seeing old friends and chatting with classmates I haven't seen in years is always interesting. I have to figure out what to wear and what ceramic object to take for the silent auction. I will also be seeing both of my brothers and sisters-in-law, since I'll be staying at Tom and Peggy's house and Jack and Kit will be driving up for the weekend. Lots of conversation and hopefully, no serious political discussions, since they are all rather conservative and I'm the flaming liberal (and black sheep) of the family! LOL We do have some rather heated discussions sometimes, but I will try to keep it polite and hope my brothers will do the same. We all love each other - just not each other's politics!

Tomorrow, our church is celebrating being in existence for 40 years. We will be parading around a bit and having a short service on the lawn where our new building will be - if we ever get the money and permits to build it. (If we get rain, that outside service will be VERY SHORT) We'll then go inside for a special service in our current sanctuary and then a pot luck luncheon featuring food from the 1960s. You can just imagine - remember green bean casserole and fondues? A gastronomical feast - or NOT! Some of us will also get into the spirit by wearing 60s clothes. I'm going with a tie-dyed tee shirt, beads, jeans and a floppy leather hat. Not bell bottom jeans, however. Too much effort to rip out seams and create those. Maybe I'll have a photo to put up next week.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Your upcoming week sounds like a great one. I, too, have had "blah" weeks...and sometimes much longer than a week! LOL