Wednesday, September 16, 2009

pottery and books




Here are photos of two pieces I have made as a wedding present for a friend's daughter. Elise - don't look at these! They came out pretty good. I'm hoping to have some others in the same two colors ready by the end of the month, but it will be a near thing. I'm feeling refreshed and energetic - ready to do lots of clay work. That's good, because I have more clay opportunities this fall than usual.

Nothing else happening around here. The grass still needs cutting. Probably won't get done today, as it is supposed to rain. That was my excuse for not doing it yesterday evening as well! Guess I'll have to find a new excuse or actually cut the grass! LOL

I'm heading off to the church library. We have a book sale coming up on Sunday. People in the congregations (we share space in an Interfaith Center) donate books and then buy them back, so to speak. We usually make about $400, which we use to buy more books for the library. The only problem is that none of us library volunteers are very young and sorting and arranging books is somewhat tiring. Today, we'll sort all that have arrived and hope that no more come in on Sunday. On Sunday, I'll be at church from about 8 AM until 2 PM, setting up for the sale and cleaning up afterwards. I used to put all the leftover books in my van and haul them to a local thrift store. However, lifting all those boxes of books was too hard on my back. We now get a charity to pick them up. Let someone else ruin their back!


3 comments:

Pat said...

Lovely pieces you made. I treasure the green piece you made for me in your giveaway awhile back! It draws many nice comments.

Deb D said...

Very nice, were they both coil?

Sandy said...

Beautiful pottery. I absolutely love my blue piece that you made!