Sunday, September 27, 2009

remember the '60s?

This morning, our church celebrated its 40-year anniversary. I dressed for the occasion with my floppy suede hat, ragged jeans, tie-dyed t-shirt and long strings of beads. One of the necklaces is actually from the 60s, the rest of the outfit was the best approximation I could put together with minimal effort. I did not, as one friend suggested, go bra-less. As I told him, no one would want to see my boobs unsupported these days!! LOL As it turned out, I was one of a very few who wore anything that looked like the sixties. It was the hat that did it. It was fun - a bit like a Halloween costume. Maybe I'll wear it again next month. Our sixties lunch was pretty good, too. My cheese fondue was a big hit. We had several green bean casseroles and far too many little meatballs. Several jello salads. The interesting thing was that no one brought a green salad. I wonder if we did not eat salad greens during the 60s. I can't actually remember. I stayed to help clean up, since I'm on that committee and got home about 2 PM. I feel as if I've put in a full day already.

Book club is tonight, but I doubt if I'll go. I don't think I feel up to listening to a discussion of "Three Cups of Tea". All I want to do now is relax at home for the rest of the day.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I belong to a funny book club.....we no longer even read the same book...and we rarely spend more than a total of 10 minutes talking about books at all. (Can you tell we get together primarily for a social occasion? LOL)

mumzy said...

Oh yes, the 60's. I was too busy eating fast foods at A&W drive-ins to eat green salads. Should have gone green back then and maybe I would not have to watch my weight now!