Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Oh, my aching back!

Yesterday, I helped a friend who is painting sets for a production of "Bus Stop". I think I've mentioned in previous blogs how we went around to local thrift shops and bought props. Also, how we've been painting sets. Yesterday, it was the floor. The theater has chairs on three sides and the 'stage' is just a section (a large section) of the floor. My job was to spong paint the first color onto the floor. We are making it look like linoleum from the 1950s. There were three options for doing this, I found. I could (1) crawl around on my knees, (2) duck walk along the floor, or (3) bend from the waist and reach down with the sponge to touch the floor. None of these options were easy or comfortable - I tried them all! However, only the third one was hard on my back. I was rather sore and tired last night. Seem to be ok, today. The floor looked pretty good, although it will look better when the other two colors are added. I didn't have my camera with me yesterday, so can't include a photo of my 'great art project'! LOL

My front yard looks pretty good this fall, so I am including a couple of photos of it.

No comments: