Sunday, October 18, 2009

closing night

Last night was closing night and Lynne and I finally went to see 'Bus Stop', the show for which we did the props and sets. We had a lot of fun searching thrift shops for props, painting sets, and sponge painting the floor to resemble 1950s linoleum. I was thrilled to see how great the floor looked! I had put on the first color and Lynne added bits of three more colors. The sad thing is that now she must repaint it all black, as the next group to use the theater needs a diferent floor.

The play was a great success, I think. The gal who played the Marilyn Monroe part did a really good job being a little ditzy and a little bit of a tramp and yet rather sweet. The fun thing about local amateur theater is that I know a lot of the folks who participate. In this case, I knew the director, the producer, the stage manager, the sound guy, and one of the actresses. Everyone did well - no obvious mistakes. There was a party at the director's house after the show and they talked me into going. (His wife makes wonderful food. Everybody loves their parties.) I knew it would be late when I got to bed, but really only planned to stay a half hour. You can guess what actually happened. I did get away by 12:30 AM, but when I got home, I was wide awake, so stayed up until I got sleepy - about 2 AM. That alarm sure went off early this AM! Early bedtime for me tonight!

The crew received gifts from several cast members. Here are photos of what I got. Actually, here is one photo. Blogger won't upload the other photo. It keeps saying that there is an internal problem, whatever that means! The other photo showed a bag of Lindor Halloween chocolate candy and a black mug that says 'Bus Stop' on one side and the place and date on the other. You'll just have to use your imagination. You can imagine how lovely the chocolates taste too. I'm not sharing!

2 comments:

Pat said...

I"m glad you got to see the show and had fun at the party, too. I HATE when I can't fall asleep when I come home late.....guess I get over-tired (if there is such a thing).

mumzy said...

Sounds like Bus Stop was a great success for all. Congrats. I live 45 minutes away from the city where we have a playhouse so I'm not able to volunteer for such things. However, with my crafts, I have enough to keep me busy.

Have a great day!