Monday, October 26, 2009

font size

Sometimes, I really don't like my computer! I'm writing this in the new larger sized font that my friend Deb set up for me. It's huge! However, I will not change it to the smallest size, as I did with yesterday's blog. How about this size? I think the problem is that whatever Deb did changes the look on my computer, but what I did on the blog changed the font size for everyone reading the blog. I will try to undo what Deb did, as it is driving me batty to see such big type. I can't remember why we decided to change it in the first place.

Yesterday, I actually DID paint the second coat on the powder room walls. Now I have to do the door and woodwork. I will check to see what green paint I have leftover (at least 3 cans of different colors) and hopefully, one of them will look good as a contrast to the chartreuse walls. I'm still debating whether to 'rag on' a contrasting color, as I have done with living room walls. I think it might look good, but it means several more days of doing without the room. I'm getting more exercise, going upstairs to the bathroom!

It's cold today, at least in my house. The heat has actually been on for several hours. Feels good. I'm wearing four layers of shirts and my hands are still cold! I wonder if I could type with gloves on. LOL My hands and feet are often cold, so I mostly ignore it. For about ten years, during and after menopause, I was comfortably warm all the time. I thought perhaps my system was finally going to be like most other people's, as far as temperature. It was rather nice being able to only wear as many layers as most everybody else was wearing. I was actually warm enough when visiting Kate. (In England, houses are kept pretty cold by American standards.) However, now I find that I am back to being cold much of the time. I guess that is my normal state, so I'd better get used to it again. At least it provides a reason to wear my heavy winter sweaters.

This looks to be another busy week. I may be walking/driving my neighbor's kids to school, as she is just home from the hospital and probably needs to rest. I don't mind doing this and the walk will be good for me. It's just one more thing I must keep track of. Hopefully, I won't be picking them up, as that would be much harder for me to remember. I have a lot of evenings tied up with ceramics this week - more than usual. And, of course, I need to shop for a computer. I doubt that will happen this week. I really want to get a new machine. It's the thought of shopping for it, deciding on one, and then (horrors!) setting it up that causes me to procrastinate. As I mentioned earlier, I have a love/hate relationship with my computer. I need a new computer and couldn't bear to be without one, but I don't understand them and hate having to deal with problems or other odd issues.

1 comment:

Deb D said...

First 2 lines are bigger font and then it reverts to the small size. If you let me know when whenever your new computer comes in, I will try to come set up. I can read the post no problem, just small size. Lots of pots this week...