Friday, October 9, 2009

multi-tasking

I've really been busy this AM. I have been: reading the paper (only got to page 5); baking cookies (finished now); doing laundry (still going on); reading email (done); reading blogs (done); calling about my homeowner's insurance (done); and trying to finish a cup of tea (now on it's 6th reheating). Before all that started, I did eat breakfast, fed the birds and put out the recycle (I think they just picked it up, so I can go get the recycle container from the front yard). Whew!! Just typing all that makes me tired. LOL The rest of the day will surely go at a more relaxed pace.

Wednesday afternoon, I went for a walk around Lake Elkhorn. I haven't walked there since spring. It was a lovely day, mostly. I saw a great heron that was right at the shore and many turtles sunning themselves on floating logs. The lake was very full and the wind was kicking up waves with white caps. I've never seen that on such a small lake. (I wonder if turtles get seasick?) That wind was VERY GUSTY. The trail around the lake is mostly in wooded areas. It was an interesting (and somewhat scary) experience walking in woods when the wind was blowing the tops of the trees back and forth, like kids on swings. Not an experience I want to repeat. However, despite the small branches, leaves and stuff on the ground, the only thing I saw falling were acorns!

Today looks to be another beautiful fall day. I hope tomorrow is also nice, as it is Elise's wedding day. Always nice to have sunshine on a wedding, although I think most brides are too busy to pay much attention to the weather. I can't remember the weather on either of my wedding days, although I remember what it was like when Kate got married. She was married in February and it had snowed the day before. Very pretty, if a bit messy on the roads. At least it won't snow tomorrow!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Enjoy the wedding!!! (And you know wind and trees make ME nervous since one fell on our house in the wind in July!!!)

mumzy said...

Sounds like the start of your day was very busy. Hope you got to relax a bit later in the day.

It is raining here tonight and they are calling for possible showers tomorrow. Hope you weather will be better than here for the wedding you are attending. Have fun at the wedding and have a great weekend.