Monday, September 13, 2010

A good weekend

This was a fun weekend for me.  Friday was the usual lunch with long-time friends.  This group is slowly breaking up with people moving away, but we are hanging in there.  Saturday, Patty and I went shopping for mums (the flower, not the English mommy).  Many of our summer flowers are past their peak, looking scrawny and sad, so we replaced them with fresh mums.  I won't show photos yet, as the mums are just barely showing color.  They'll peak in a few weeks and hopefully last into November.  Amazingly, we did not buy another other plants.  Usually we end up with far more than we intended.  Of course, fall isn't a good time to buy annuals, except mums.  Spring is when I bust my budget on plants.

Saturday night, I invited Patty to come over and sit out on the deck with me.  We sat and talked and snacked while we finished off a rather large bottle of Riesling.  It was such a lovely evening - cool and no mosquitoes!  It's great to have a friend nearby to share those kind of evenings.

Sunday, the weather was not so good.  It was drizzling all AM.  My church was supposed to have a picnic, but after some consultation, those of us in charge decided to cancel the picnic and have a potluck luncheon inside.  That worked very well.  There was lots of wonderful food, most of which was eaten, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.  In fact, we couldn't get people to leave.  Another group needed the space after us,so those of us on cleanup - like me - had to gently push people to leave.  I cleared soiled plates and began to pull the disposable tablecloths off the tables.  They got the hint!

Today begins another busy week.  My schedule is in full swing now.  I have three ceramic classes - one of which I teach.  Wednesday AM, I work in the church library.  This week I'll be meeting a friend for dinner on Wednesday.  Thursday is my day in the hospital gift shop and choir in the evening.  It keeps me busy, which is what I want.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Sounds like you had a really nice weekend......every part of it was nice (except maybe being part of the potluck clean-up crew!!! LOL)