Thursday, September 2, 2010

a quiet house now

Saturday evening, I dropped Kate and kids off at Dulles Airport.  Traffic was dreadful going, but OK coming home through DC.  I've been recovering from the visit and the post-visit depression ever since.  I keep expecting to hear the kids' voices in my very quiet house.  I have never missed Kate and the kids this much.  When I visit them, I happily come home to my house, where it is quiet and empty.  Somehow it's different this time, when they have been here for 4 weeks.  I'm sure I'll get over these feelings, but I just haven't felt like blogging since they left. 

I've been re-decorating my house over the past few days.  It's time to put away the summer stuff and get the fall stuff out.  Mostly done now, although I have to replace one of the decorative flags outside.  This requires a step-stool outside, which is why it hasn't been done already. I'll get to that and to trimming the grass tonight or soon.

4 comments:

quiltingnana said...

your fall decorations are just great - can't really get into pulling my stuff out yet

Pat said...

I hear ya......it's very quiet when mine leave, too, but.....usually by the time they leave, I am ready for some quiet time!

Deb D said...

Daily relationships are the best and missed most when gone - you realize how much you miss what each day brings with them.

mumzy said...

Nice job on your fall decorations.

Amazing how much we miss the kids after they leave.