Monday, September 27, 2010

Is it fall yet?

I keep waiting for fall to happen.  I've seen a few red leaves, but most are still green.  This morning, I thought for sure it was fall.  It was almost chilly - in the 60s - outside and drizzling.  Great fall weather!  I wore jeans and a shirt with 3/4 sleeves. By mid-afternoon, it was hot and muggy again! When I got home from pottery, I had to change into something cooler.  Darn! 

Here's a photo of a mask I brought home today.   He looked kinda scary, until I gave him the green face.  Now he just looks seasick!  Nasty teeth he has!  Maybe he's a demon who ate something that disagreed with him.

Something has changed with my blog again.  Every time I think I know how to get photos on here and move them around, it changes the system.  Very frustrating.  I really liked the way it was yesterday. Not as fond of the way it is today.

 The last couple of days, I've been catching up on reconciling my credit card  and bank statements.  I put those chores off and then have to do several statements at once.  Should just do them as they come in.  I wish I could be one of those people who never check the statements, but I can't just file them, I have to check them carefully.  I have rarely found mistakes, but still....I have to check.

We had a successful book sale Sunday at the church library.  People donate books and then twice a year we have sales.  At the last one we made about $400.  Don't think this one will be that much.  We didn't have as many books.  It's a lot of work, sorting the books into categories and putting them out on tables before the sale and then afterward packing away all the books that don't sell.  We donate those to one of the local charities.  It's a good thing for the library, not only providing money to buy new books, but also publicity for the library. We have a good collection, not just religious books, but not very many users.  Any member of our church or the Catholic congregations with whom we share space at the Interfaith Center can take out books.  I wish we could interest more people in our collection.  I guess folks don't read books as much as they did 50 years ago.   Many of my friends do read books, but then most of my friends are my age.  We didn't grow up having hundreds of TV channels and computers and all these other electronic devices to occupy out time.

Well, I won't go any further with that.  I know that I'm behind the times.  I'm one of those few peculiar people in the US who never watches TV.  I have over 200 channels, so they tell me.  The grand kids watched TV, mostly movies, while they were here, but I have not turned the set on since the day I got hooked up with FIOS.  I suppose I will do so one of these days, or maybe I'll just cancel FIOS.  Seems silly to be paying for a system that I don't use.  I just can't seem to get interested in watching anything.  Or maybe I just don't want to have to learn how to use the remote!  LOL

1 comment:

Pat said...

We had the a/c off for a few days but have had to put it back on in recent days. :(