Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

I won't be up at midnight, I hope, so I'm sending everybody a seasonal greeting a bit early.  I have a busy day planned.  I'm meeting my friend Lynne for lunch at the Ram's Head Tavern at Savage Mill.  Neither Lynne nor I have been to Savage Mill for some time.  They used to have wonderful antique stores, but only one is left.  However, they have many craft shops as well as a few studios for artists.  We'll eat a wonderful lunch and then browse for a few hours.  Tonight, I'm going with Patty and her mother to the light display at Brookside Gardens.  It's a walking display, so we'll be able to go at our own pace and take photos without holding up a line of traffic.   I imagine that by the time I get home from that, I'll be exhausted and will fall into bed.


Tomorrow I'll start taking down the Christmas decorations.  Will do the outside ones first, as it's supposed to be fairly warm.  I'm ready to put all the wonderful Christmas stuff away for a year.  A month of them is enough for me!  It will mean a lot of trudging up and down the basement stairs, which is good, as I need more exercise.

My only New Year's resolution is to get more exercise.  I'll try walking by myself around the neighborhood or at a shopping mall.  I really hate indoor walking, but it's awfully cold in the winter to walk outside.  If walking isn't enough, I guess I'll sign up for the aerobic class at the senior center.  One way or another, I've got to get myself into better physical shape.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

mumzy said...

We had a wonderful evening at a Friend's home. They have the largest place on our shore and always have a New Year's Eve gettogether of every year round residents (11 permanent families) and together we welcome in the new year. Of course, we have finger foods to munch on and like you, I need to start watchihg what I eat and to start exercising. My husband never put on any weight and he is constantly eating so that ticks me off.

Have a Happy New Year!

Deb D said...

Happy New Year. Never hurts to build muscle but you do keep yourself very trim! Just 3 months to Spring...