Monday, December 13, 2010

recent ceramics


We did a Raku firing Saturday.  I really like some of my pieces. The masks came out very well.  The little footed bowl is a lovely color. There are more photos, but I'll save those for another time.

We got a bit of snow this AM.  It melted on the sidewalk, but has left a nice dusting of the white stuff on my deck.  I sprinkled out a pit of food on the deck itself, for the Juncos and other ground-feeding birds.  Unfortunately, but not unexpectedly, the squirrels came by first and pretty much vacuumed up all the seed.

I don't envy the folks in the Midwest where they really got hit with a storm.  A white Christmas is something to be enjoyed.  A storm with wind, icy roads and piles of snow is NOT what any of us want.  Well, actually the kids probably want something like that.  I remember how we used to hope for school closings. 

It's so nice being retired and able to just sit inside and enjoy snow, without having to go anywhere!  I do have a class to teach this afternoon, but the roads are fine. 

  I have to get my Christmas cards out this week.  I'm really behind this year.  At least I have the cards and the Xmas letters.  All that I need to do is put on addresses and stamps.

Guess I'd better get busy!

1 comment:

Deb D said...

little footed bowl is so great - may try to "copy" and colors on masks also great.