Tuesday, March 8, 2011

back to normal

I'm not sure what normal is, but having to put my car in the shop seems to be normal these days.  The car is 10 years old and it's showing its age.  I'm 70 years old and I frequently show my age too!  This time it's the brakes on the car.  They are making a thumping noise when applied.  I think that indicates worn brake pads or something like that.  Anyway, I'll be trying to local bus system to get to my ceramics class in Columbia.  It should be easy:  I catch the bus on the corner and ride to Columbia Mall.  There I get a bus that takes me to the Senior Center where the class is held.  After class, I'll reverse the process and head home.  The only problem may be that I will have to use the bus to go pick up my car this afternoon/evening.  If it's raining, as predicted, it won't be pleasant waiting for the bus.  Also, crossing a busy highway at rush hour, to get from the bus stop to the garage is never much fun.  But that's life - into which a little rain must fall!  LOL

I think spring is here in Maryland.  (Of course, by saying this, I'm probably jinxing it and we'll get snow next week!)  I have crocus and mini-daffodils in bloom.  I guess I need to remove the leaves from the flower bed, so that I can actually see the blooms!  What is really had to believe is that we go to daylight savings time this coming weekend!  Surely it's a bit early for that?  Oh well, it will be nice to have more daylight in the evenings.  That is what happens with daylight savings time, isn't it?  I always have to stop and figure out how this affects us. 

The ceramics class I teach started up again yesterday.  I have two new students, which is wonderful!  One of them has never done anything with clay.  The other has worked with molded ceramics.  Both of them took to 'playing with clay' with great enthusiasm and talent.  I just hope their first pieces come out ok.  There are so many opportunities for things to go wrong between creation and finish of ceramics.  And one of them wanted to try a somewhat difficult piece.  She says she likes a challenge.  It's fun to be able to teach, rather than just being there as a resource person.  My other three students are long-time students and rarely need my assistance. 

I'd better get ready to catch the bus. 

1 comment:

Deb D said...

Welcome home. It IS spring in MD altho a little nippy.