Monday, March 14, 2011

spring, beautiful, wonderful spring!

The sun is shining.  It's warm outside (sweater weather).  I have flowers in bloom.  I'm feeling full of energy and read for this week.

I was very tired last week and pretty much slept all afternoon, evening, and night on Thursday.  Stayed home Friday and just rested.  I'm pretty much over the cold now and completely over the jet lag.  I've taken down my winter decorations around the house, and put up spring ones.  So it's spring both inside and out!


I"m hoping to get to pottery class early today so that I can walk the trail through the woods.  It's about a mile, round trip, and completely level, so an easy walk.  I need to walk every day here at home if I'm going to keep from regaining those 5 pounds I lost in England.  My neighborhood is somewhat hilly, which makes walking more strenuous.  The biggest problem is that it's boring to walk around here.  I like having a destination or at least having a scenic trail to walk on.  I could walk to the grocery store, but that's almost 3 miles round trip and not really interesting.  Also, I have to use the wheeled grocery cart which is a nuisance.  But, I may try to do it once a week.  The library is too close - doesn't give me much exercise, but I guess I could do it once a week.  I think I should go back to walking around Lake Elkhorn on Tuesdays or Wednesdays when I'm in Columbia.  I KNOW I need the exercise.  So far today, all the exercise I've gotten is going down to the basement with the laundry, up two flights of stairs to put the dry clothes away, and repeat for the next load.  Too bad I can't hang the clothes out - today would be a good day for that.  However, my backyard is too small, too crowded with plants and too shady for a clothesline.  Guess I'll have to stick to using the dryer.

Here are some photos of spring flowers - real and artificial.
 
 

2 comments:

mumzy said...

Your blog about Spring weather gives me hope that we are in for Spring soon. We have lost a lot of the snow we had but we are a long way from blooming flowers.

I soon have to start walking again, now that I too have finally got over my second cold this winter.

Deb D said...

You lost 5 pounds in England - I assume that is weight pounds, not money pounds - how dare you! At least we can still walk which should make us happy.